Friday, June 27, 2008

It's a BOY!!!


Jose and I went to the OB/GYN/Perinatologist's office on Thursday. I had a level II ultrasound and an office visit. I had to drink 32 ounces of water 45 minutes before. Well, considering I LOVE water, have to pee every 10-20 minutes, and I know how doctors work (you have to wait forever) I didnt start drinking until about 30 before. Well....at 235 (5 minutes past my appointment) I had to pee so bad. I almost started crying....but my lovely Jose said....just go you have to pee every few minutes anyways...plus I will go get you some water....SO...I discreetly left the office and went to potty.....man it felt so good. Anyhow I get back and he leaves to go get me another liter of water. He came back and I drank another 1/2 liter...lo and behold...I had to pee 5 minutes after that and that is the time they called me back. WHEW!!! At least we didnt get caught!

Anyhow...we saw all of the organs of the baby...his legs, arms, his big head, his fingers, umbilical cord, and his heart! Everything looks great so far! I am measuring a little of ahead of schedule. The baby is measuring almost 19 weeks instead of barely 18 weeks. That put my due date at Nov. 21 instead of Nov. 26. He was moving so much and finally he got still. His bottom was right in front of us and his legs in front of him...I was just thinking, "Oh my God it is a boy!! The doctor told us look at your son! We both looked at each other with big smiles and I said, "I knew it!" Looks like Jose's mom and sister were right. The doctor also said you can tell he is a boy b/c he keeps playing with himself. His little hand kept going down there! I am almost positive I have not seen Jose that excited in a while. After we got done with that part we went to the waiting room and the texting and calling began! My parents were so excited as well as his family.

On Jose's side of the family there are seven grandchildren and six of the are GIRLS! They have been waiting for another boy for 8 years. On my side of the family, the last six out of seven grandchildren have been BOYS. Plus I have two great nephews. We can start a team of soccer players soon.

As for the name of this little boy it will be Ipolito Ismael Flores. He will go by his middle name, which is also Jose's middle name and how he is known amongst his family. Of course Jose picked out the first name. It is after his grandfather. I changed the spelling a little so the child wouldnt be called hippo all of his life. We are so excited!

Tomorrow we leave for Cardiac Camp. It is a week long camp for children with congenital heart defects. I am so excited to go and super excited I get to share this experience with my Jose.

I am 18 weeks 2 days.

No comments: