Well we are officially on our first antibiotic. Yesterday when I came home from work I fed Ipolito and notified that his right index finger was red and swollen. I touched it and it was not warm or pussy feeling nor did he appear to be in any pain. I asked Jose when that happened and he had no idea. It wasn't like that the night before. I was thinking maybe he was just sucking on it too much (it is his favorite hand). Later as the day progressed there was a white spot right in the center of it and I started thinking it was an ingrown nail. When I touched it now he would get made and cry. I made an appointment for today and the doctor said it looked like an infection of some kind. He could have had a little cut on his finger and by putting it in his mouth made it worse. Or he could have gotten something from his sitter's house. Who knows? She put him on an antibiotic and we have to soak his hand twice a day for 15 minutes each time. Plus we have to wrap the finger and keep him from putting it in his mouth. Easier said than done!!! How do you keep a teething 4.5 month old from putting his hands in his mouth?! I am also to watch to make sure it gets better b/c if not we might have to drain it or test it for MRSA.
So we are soaking him in the water 2x a day (baths...b/c it is the easiest at this age) and trying anything and EVERYTHING to keep his hands out of his mouth. I am wrapping his finger in gauze, putting a sock over the hand, and a mitten over that. He gets so mad but then gets over it and just puts all that in his mouth!! It is a no win situation. If anyone has ideas please let me know!!
Well that's all. I will put some pics of his hand and his cute outfit from this weekend!
Ipolito is 4.5 months old!!
No comments:
Post a Comment