Friday, September 25, 2009

Wow....it has been awhile....

I have not updated this thing in so long......I have just been busy with life. I am going to school, working, and being a Mommy. None of this is easy but I have to admit I do love it.

Ipolito has gotten so big. Each day is an adventure. He has been crawling like a madman since about 5 months and the day before he turned 10 months he TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS!! He is still a bit wobbly but he thinks he can take off running.....he hasn't realized that slow and steady wins the race. He makes so many faces these days too. He gives us smiles all of the time and has a very expressive face. He even gives us dirty looks. I showed him this!! Well, it all started when I was teaching him what "NO" meant...he thought I was funny so I started making a mean face when I said "NO" and low and behold...when you tell him no he gives you that look. He even gives the look when he doesn't like something you say or do. It is so cute.

Ipolito is quite the eater these days. He love his 3rd stage food from Earth's Best. We try to feed him only organic food, but we are not super picky about it. He loves his Gerber puffs, his Gerber cheetos, and beans! He would eat only beans if we let him....a true sign he is a Flores man! Ipolito loves to be with us at the table when we are eating. He wants to eat too!

Ipolito sleeps from 9pm until 6 or 7 am. I get up with him during the nights on the nights I am here and Jose wakes up with him in the morning while I get a couple of hours of sleep.

Ipolito is learning sign language these days and understands what more/mas, all done/termino, Mama, Daddy/Papi, lechita/milk, eat, come is. It is sure hard teaching him three languages.

My Polito still has no nickname....I try Ipo, Poli, Polito, Lito, PoPo....so I guess nothing has really stuck. He responds to all the names.

Ipolito has these amazingly LONG eyelashes. They are so long that every time we go somewhere we hear people say, "Oh my goodness did you see that little boy's eyelashes?!" or "Wow....look at his eyelashes!!"

Some things about Ipolito:
* he weighs 20.5 lbs, 30 inches long
* wear size 3-4 diapers
* wears size 5.5-6 shoes (toddler shoes)
* he sleeps 9-10 hrs a night (9pm-6-7am)
* will try to go to sleep around 7pm
* he is cranky from 6 pm until bedtime.
* he is on strict schedule
* LOVES Plaza Sesamo (Sesame Street) & Bob Construjo (Bob the Builder)
* has 8 teeth!
* puts everything and anything in his mouth
* toots all of the time
* loves to eat beans!
* loves his living room/house full of toys
* loves to dance/sing
* loves to watch Mommy sing/dance
* just learned how to clap
* loves bath time...he gets so excited when he hears the water running..he even tries to climb in the tub.
* loves to take pictures
* it is getting hard to take the monthly pictures because he would rather eat the sign.
* his hair is finally growing....he is getting a haircut in a few weeks!

I guess this is all for now!

No comments: