Monday, April 22, 2013

4 months

Misael is 4 months old! I cannot believe it! It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with him. He gets his final scan this Friday for his cranial helmet. We are scheduled to pick it up May 3 at 1 pm. Then we have to wait two weeks to have it decorated. I wish we got it decorated right away but the company that does it only does the wrap parties once a month.  I am anxious to get his treatment started. 
Misaelisms at four months:
  • Weight: 14 lbs. (You are now out of the less than 5th percentile!! You have graduated to the 25th percentile!!!)
  • Length: 24.01 inches (You are now out of the less than 5th percentile!! You have graduated to the 25th percentile!!!)
  • Clothes: 3-6 months, 6 months, and some 3 months. I really still use the 3 month onesies from Carters. You aren't busting out of them yet, but you did bust out of the Gerber ones so in those I am using the 3-6 month ones. I was actually hoping to keep you in the 3 month pants until it was warm enough for shorts, but I found out the other day that your 3 month pants look like capris.  That isn't an option with a boy....at least not mine. I guess I will have to breakdown and buy you some 6 month pants, just not  too many.
  • Diapers: Size 2
  • Sleeping: You go to bed anywhere from 830-10. You have been sleeping through the night for the past 2.5 weeks. You sleep about 12-13 hours. We actually have to wake you up most days because you are still sleeping.  The past two days you have woken up at 4:30 to eat and/or get your diaper changed. I hope you go back to sleeping through the night.
  • You have taken to throwing fits at least once a day for the past 3 weeks. These fits last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, typically in the afternoon or right before bedtime.You cry, get mad, and sweaty. Often these are around a feeding. I typically console you and get you to calm down. You go to sleep for about 30 minutes, wake up, and eat. After that everything is right in the world for you. You were skipping that feed which was worrying us, now I have figured if I let you sleep for a little bit you are okay and will eat. The doctor said today (which we have kind of figured out) to let you sleep in your crib for naps so you get at least 1 good nap in and aren't so tired at night. We should also try putting you to bed earlier at like 8ish (which I do when Papi isn't home). Hopefully this works.
  • Serious. Oh so serious. He loves to look and study everything....Ipo did this as well.
  • Smiles-when he isn't so serious
  • Laughs often
  • Kicks and plays with his activity mat
  • Sitting in the Bumbo
  • Sits in the jumper
  • Still no teeth, but you love your hands. You love to have them in your mouth all of the time!
  • Turns over from his tummy to his back (has been doing this off and on since 6 weeks)
  • Tries to turn over from his back to his tummy (gets to his side)
  • Moves around the living room on his back. Pushes his little feet to get everywhere.
  • Really loves his big brother. He is smiling at him and gets so excited when he hears his voice or sees him.
  • Loves to be carried (Ipolito did not). He loves to look around and be walked around in your arms.
  • Loves his stroller...he sits in it like a big boy.
  • Loves going on walks.
  • LOVES. LOVES. LOVES. BATH. TIME.
Misael, my little chunky monkey, you are a joy to have in our family and Mama, Papi, and Ipolito love you oh so much!

No comments: