Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 36





Well, well, well....I am now officially 36 weeks! The end is near...we are so much closer to meeting our little Ipolito Ismael! It is exciting and scary at the same time. This week I had my last ultrasound and we found out Ipolito is 6 pounds 4 oz! At one point we saw him stick out his tongue and at another he turned and looked right at us. It was amazing...it looks like he has some big cheeks (go figure) and Jose's shaped eyes. I really wonder what he will look like?!! Will he look like Jose? Will he look like me? Will he look like a mix? Will he have my hair, his lips, his eyes, my cheeks, his feet, etc???

I am feeling fine in general. I am very uncomfortable. The baby has dropped and I found out I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I swear sometimes I think he is just going to drop on out. It is hard to get in and out of bed, to get up, to walk fast, and my leg has been getting swollen. Wednesday night I noticed my right lower leg was swollen. I mean it looked fine at one point, then all of a sudden my ankle was HUGE! I have spider veins on that ankle and it started looking like a big bruise. You could put your fingers on my leg and leave definite finger prints. When I got home I showed Jose and by then it was a big ball. I was going to the doctor later on that day so I was not too worried. I ended up having an ultrasound of my leg just to make sure I do not have any clots. Rest assured, I received a clean bill of health.

In other news we finished the nursery! It looks good. I am so happy with it and so is Jose! I will attach some pics. This week I go see the diabetes lady again and I start my weekly visits to the doctor. I cannot believe we have 18 days left! Please say a prayer for a safe uncomplicated delivery, a beautiful, healthy baby boy, my heart, the baby's heart, and for my lovely Jose.

I am currently 36 weeks 4 days!

No comments: