Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our 1st trip to the ER!!

Well....we offically had our 1st trip to the ER! On Thursday, May 21 I went shopping and to run some errands. I was at Jared's and I got a text message from Jose that asked me where I was. I told him I was at Jared's and he told me to come home. I was like why?! He said just do it! I immediately left the store and raced home. All the way I kept calling Jose and he wouldn't answer! I was beside myself with worry. There were all kinds of unpleasant thoughts going through my head....I was thinking the baby is hurt, Jose is hurt, my parents had an accident, one of them had a heart attack, someone died, etc. I finally got home and I heard Ipolito crying. I immediately found them in the living room and he was just in his diaper. I asked Jose what happened and he told me Ipolito fell off of the kitchen counter from his Bumbo seat. I was shocked! He turned away for a second and he next thing he heard was a splat and the baby scream! I took Ipo from Jose and started looking him over. He didn't appear to be hurt just scared and probably sore. He started wimpering and calming down some then would start crying all over. It was like he was telling me the story. We called the pediatrician and she told us to go ahead and take him to the ER to get checked out so we started the trek to Children's.

The whole way to the hospital Ipo slept. I kept thinking someone is going to report us to CPS! Jose was thinking the same thing. We were in and out in pretty much 2 hours. They did a CT scan and verified there were no fractures. My poor baby was so good in the CT scanner. He looked so helpless. I wanted to cry. He ended up having a bruise on this left cheek and eye. You can't really even see it now.

Everyone at the hospital told us this probably wasn't the last time we would come in! Ughhhh....if this is what I am in for...we better buy stock in Xanex!

I guess Ipolito proved he can't fly!

2 comments:

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

Hi there
You don't know me but I love reading your blog. I know Melinda Najera from church and found your blog from her's. I think your baby is adorable!

Crystal D. Flores said...

Thanks Patty!!!