Well we went out of town for the first time last weekend. All in all it was a good trip. We went to McAllen and San Antonio Texas. We went to McAllen to visit the Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan National Shrine and the Shrine to St. Jude. Before I became pregnant I prayed to the Virgen de San Juan and St. Jude to become pregnant. Once I found out Ipolito had a heart defect I prayed again for him to be born healthy and promised to take him there as soon as possible after his birth. We were able to take him there finally and fulfill our promises.
The trip wasn't bad at all. Ipolito was very good. We stopped every 3 hours to feed him and outside of Austin when we stopped he threw up on me!! I just laughed though and thought this is why I packed extra clothes!! Other than that he was a perfect angel. He did have trouble sleeping that first night in the pack n play and ended up in the bed with us.
Ipolito also met his new friend Christian. He was a bit apprehensive at first but was tired and hungry too! Christian is Daddy's buddy Jose's little boy. He is the cutest little boy!! I can't wait for Ipolito to get that big because it was so much fun watching him move around!!
Our second night we went to San Antonio and he went swimming for the first time. He was a bit scared because there were lots of kids around and they were loud. I put his feet in the water and he started crying and shaking. But as long as I held him to me he was fine. We plan to put him in swimming lessons this summer so hopefully he will get used to the water.
Well, we are off to College Station today!! Enjoy some pics of our trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment