I cannot believe my baby boy is 4-years old!! It truly seems like just yesterday I gave birth to him. Here is a copy of what I posted on Facebook for his birthday. I just want to have it somewhere else as well:
FOUR years ago today, Jose & I welcomed our first child into the world! Our Ipolito Ismael is an amazing, loving, caring, generous, intelligent, and gorgeous little boy. He has taught us so much in these four short years and we look forward to many more with him. I just know he will be a great big brother to Dos. When I first heard what J wanted to name him I was was very hesitant, but I a
greed because I knew it meant so much to him. I NEVER planned to call him Ipolito, but when I met him I knew he was my Ipolito. Our Ipolito was our first miracle from God and we love him so much! Happy Birthday Ipolito Ismael!! "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."
Some of my favorite Ipolito-isms:
- He wears size 12-12.5 shoes
- He wears size 5T
- He loves, loves, LOVES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
- He loves these foam things he calls his swords. I mean LOVES them. He doesn't go anywhere without them. He sleeps with them & takes them everywhere. They are on the sink in the bathroom when he bathes and he tells us not to touch them.
- He is still into his video games. He has quite the collection of DS and Wii games. I think he has more than Jose or any of my nieces and nephews. BUT I will say Jose hardly ever pays more than $10 for them....at least that is what he tells me. ;)
- He has such a great personality, is generous, affectionate, loving, and caring. He is always kissing and hugging on us and his Grandparents.
- He always compliments me: "Mama you so pretty!" "Mama you look so beautiful today!" "OH I love you so much"
- He tells me he wants to marry me when he gets big like Papi. I have explained to him that isn't the way it works but I love that he wants to.
- He loves to eat fruit, veggies, and cheese. He is really into pizza right now too. Another one of his weird diet things is he loves salami and cheese. Weird, huh? I blame that on Papi.
- He is such a Mama's boy and a Papi's boy. I think it helps that Jose is gone half the week at work because when it is just us he is all about me. When Papi is off he is all about Papi. It works for me because by the time Jose is off I am just a little tired.
- He will be a big brother in just 8 weeks or less!
- He is very helpful and loves to clean. In fact he says he has to go to Grandma & Grandpa's to "help them." "They need me." I think it is because every Wednesday when he comes home, he has a new toy (brand new or "borrowed")
- He associates Wal-Mart with Grandma & Grandpa and getting a new Turtle toy.
- He loves to dance and sing. His favorite current song is Gangnam Style by Psy.
- He loves to talk about his penis and bootie. (I am trying to correct this, but it must be a boy thing.)
- He is hot natured like me. He likes to sleep without a shirt....sometimes without pants.
- He is very inquisitive. He wants to know everything. He also does very well in most situations other children his age do not just by us talking about it beforehand or explaining what will happen. For example, when he went to his 4-year old WCC we told him what would happen and what to expect. I also explained his shots and was truthful when he asked if it would hurt. He was a champ and only cried with the third one for about 10 seconds. The doctor always compliments us on how well he does.
- He loves to read books before bed.
- He always has an opinion on EVERYTHING!
- He has played t-ball during the summer and the fall and is a great little player.
- He is our pride and joy.
I am so proud and blessed to be Ipolito's Mama. He has taught me so much in the past 4 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love you Ipolito Ismael Flores.
No comments:
Post a Comment