Misael is two months old today!! I can't believe it. He is truly a joy to have. We went to the doctor today for his two-month check-up. He got three shots and did not like them one bit. I can't blame him though. The doctor also said more than likely he will have to have his hernia fixed when he is 4 or 5 because of all the extra skin he has around the actual hernia and in her experience these have to be fixed.
 |
| Mama & Misael snuggling |
A couple of minutes later we were talking about his head and she said it was "significantly worse". Great. I thought so too but I was trying to be optimistic. I have been working so hard with him too. I have been doing exercises and bought him a head positioner. Grr. I feel so defeated because I have been doing so much and it seems for naught. I got a pamphlet from her for a place that does the evaluations and helmet placements. I guess my little guy will have a helmet for his plagiocephaly. I know in the long run this is for the best. It won't be for long (I hope). I was shown the progression of what we are looking at if he doesn't get a helmet and let me tell you it isn't pretty. I don't want my child with a deformed face. The problem is insurance doesn't cover these and they are expensive ($2000 at least). If he needs multiple then that is more money. I guess this is why we have good jobs.
Of course I worry about what people will say if we don't do the helmet but I also worry about what they will say once we do. I don't want them to think he is "special" in a not so special kind of way. I won't but most people are ignorant and uneducated. Most of our family don't even see the flatness but it is there. Grrr. I know that in the long run we are doing what is best for Misael. I told Jose that Misael is trying to make sure we have no more children. This child is super expensive.
 |
| Mr. Cool |
Misaelisms at two months:
- Weight: 10 lbs. 10.7 oz
- Length: 21 inches
- Clothes: 0-3 & 3 months
- Diapers: Size 1
- Sleeping: goes to bed 9-10ish and sleeps 4-5 hours (mainly about 5 hrs) then another 4 hours. We try to keep him awake as much as possible during the day.
- Smiles-mainly at Papi
- Kicks and plays with his activity mat
- Started sitting in the Bumbo
 |
| Two Months |
 |
| Not feeling the two month pics |
 |
| Watching big brother take a bath |
 |
| Playing on his activity mat |
I love being a Mama again and I wouldn't trade this for anything. I know some aspects this time around are easier and some are harder but all in all we will get through it. I love you Misael & Ipolito.
No comments:
Post a Comment