Saturday, August 6, 2011

Easter 2011

We have been keeping very busy here lately. It seems as there is always something going on & we are always on the go. In regards to family news, Jose recently started a new job. He seems to enjoy it and be in his element once again. I am super happy for him and the pay raise he is getting compared to his old job.


Mr. Ipolito Flores or as he says, "Pito Forez" is growing like a weed and learning so much every single day. He carries on conversations with me all of the time and is very inquisitive. He definitely shares his opinion on everything and loves to play with the "big" boys still.


This past weekend was Easter. The past few weeks we have been reading a Mickey Clubhouse Easter The Easter Story. Ipolito knew what Easter involved Jesus & bunnies. BUT I don't think he really knew what to expect. He absolutely loved the story that involved Jesus. He knows who Jesus is and what Church is. At Church last Sunday as we took our money to the front of the alter for the Children's Collection he saw the Priest and said, "Wow, it's Jesus! I see Jesus!" I just chuckled to myself and almost cried (that seems to happen quite often). When we got back to the pew he told his Grandma & Grandpa, "I saw Jesus!"


Saturday night we decided to fill Easter eggs full of jelly beans. Mr. Pito loved this!





For Church I bought Ipolito the cutest seersucker suit! It barely fit by the time Easter came along, but we made it work! I kept thinking if he moves too much or jumps the wrong way it is just going to go RRRIIIPPPP!!




Seriously....could he be any cuter?!










While we were in Church on Easter Sunday there was a point in the Mass where we were reciting our baptismal promises. Ipolito was joining us by saying, "I DO!" He was very loud and strong with it too. He had a serious look on his face as well and people from many pews away were turning to look at us and smile! I again, was in tears. It made me so happy and made my heart swell with pride. I hope he continues to learn about Jesus place all of his faith in the good Lord!

Ipolito has a rather large Easter basket I bought for his first Easter. I plan on him using it until he is too old to hunt for eggs/candy. I filled it with all of his favorite things such as "candy suckers," "Krispy Treats," & "Dinosaurs" (aka fruit snacks). I also bought some little toys (a baseball and bat), books, bubbles, and a pinwheel. I love the dollar section at Target because that is where the majority of the goodies came from!  This was the first Easter he was able actually enjoy and search for candy. We decided to join my mother's family this year as we did when I was a little girl. These days we are unable to join them because our immediate family is just so large! With just my siblings, spouses, nieces, nephews, and great niece/nephews we total out at about 30 people!! We have wonderful get together's but don't want to impose all of these little boys on many! They are a rowdy bunch!  Anyhow, we went to a park not far from my mom's house and had a wonderful cookout. It was wonderful spending time with my extended family! Ipolito had so much fun! He ate well, got to play with the big boys, and enjoyed his cousins: Deet, Ivan, Isaiah, & Julian! He loves playing with "big" boys especially when they have balls readily available. At this time he is very into baseball. 


His super cool basket with all the goodies!!




His cool personalized "I" bunny shirt!


Looking at his cousins with his big cousin JJ!


All the little boys eating!





Getting Mama with a cascaron!


During the egg hunt!


With his goods!






For the actual hunt Ipolito was one of the first children to go because he is pretty much the youngest. He had so much fun and got so many goodies! He actually got quite a bit of Peeps! I guess because they were so big and bright compared to the other candy. I separated the goods into two piles: Papi & Ipolito. Pito's consisted of mainly "candy suckers" and soft candies & Papi got the rest. 

Afterwards we went to Abuelo's house to spend some time with them. We had another egg hunt and enjoyed our family. Unfortunately Papi had to work the night before and this night so we had to take many pictures to show him! Hopefully next year we will all be together!
Flores Family Easter

All in all we had a great Easter and I look forward to many more! 

No comments: