To celebrate the ending of my practicum/graduation, we decided to go on a mini vacation to San Antonio. My parents, Marcus, my sister Rita, her husband, & two sons also joined us. Jose and I booked reservations at the Omni Hotel, reserved a van, and left on Saturday around noon. Jose had to work the night before so he got off early, came home and went to sleep for a few hours. The plan was for me to drive the whole way down so he could catch some more sleep. That morning Ipolito & I finished the last minute packing and waited for my mom to come get us so we could go pick up the van. We got there at exactly 10 am and the guy at the counter told me the van wouldn't be ready for about 15 minutes because the van need an oil change. Luckily the Budget car rental was inside Sears so we looked at the new refrigerators, washers, and dryers and rode the escalator a few times. When I came back 20 minutes later (I gave him an extra 5 minutes) he told me it wouldn't be ready for 30 more minutes. By this time I was getting very antsy. I had a schedule people! I also was getting nervous because by this time Jose was awake and waiting for us, plus we still had to go to my parents, feed my dad, have my mom pack up some last minute stuff, pack the van, and come to my house and pack our stuff! PLUS I was driving! Everything worked out though and we got a nice little mini van complete with a DVD player.
The ride down was very nice and over half of the way everyone but me (which was a plus since I was driving) & my parents slept. It took us a little over 4 hours to get there with one stop and some traffic in Austin! We safely arrived at our hotel and it was amazing. I loved the staff (who were made of Aggies) and we were all next to each other. The rooms were amazing and unfortunately we found out very quickly that Ipolito could open the doors. At one point I heard him and opened our door to peek out thinking he was on his way over. My mom it turns out was just running out her door looking for my son. She said he escaped. We both took off after him and guess where he was? He had pushed the elevator button and was just walking onto the elevator. He was quite proud of his accomplishment! From that moment on we all had to deadbolt our rooms when all of the boys were in there.
| The lobby @ the Omni Hotel |
After everyone arrived safely and had unpacked we left to meet Jose's friend Gabe at a restaurant called La Fogata. I was a wonderful place with a great atmosphere. Most of the seating was outside and that was fine with us. Unfortunately there was big gray rain cloud over us. No one thought it would rain. It wasn't in the forecast and let's be real we are in the midst of a dry heat wave here at home. Well, it rained and it rained HARD! It rained for about 30 minutes. We were all lucky enough to hide under some umbrellas with our margaritas in hand! My mom, sister, and I all had some margaritas and they were yummy. In fact we were all a bit on the tipsy side because we had not really had anything to eat since breakfast time. Once we were seated (inside with the AC) we had a wonderful, delicious meal! My food was wonderful and everyone ate most if not all of their food! Afterwards, since it was pretty late, the boys all ran from room to room like little girls for a little bit. Then we all turned in for the night!
| My loopy sister and mother! |
| We are all very happy! |
| Oh man...we have the same smile! |
| My sweet little man after the storm! |
| Oh happy day! |
| Mommy & Pito! |
| Silly Marcus & I! |
| They guys....a little wet but happy! |
| Singing a song for my mom & sister! |
| Mr. Gabe |
| The boys enjoying the music! |
No comments:
Post a Comment